With the growing need for skilled and qualified workers, our paid Water Reclamation Apprenticeship program provides excellent opportunities to start and grow your career.
This program was created to build a pipeline of skilled and certified Water Reclamation Facility Operators to fill a significant number of future vacancies created by our workforce reaching retirement age
Whether you are looking for a new career path, recently graduated high school, interested in learning a new trade, or enjoy math and science and want to contribute to our local environment, Jefferson County would love to have you on our team!
- Paid Apprenticeship with Competitive and Progressive Salaries
- Enjoy industry-competitive compensation.
- Progression from one salary level to the next higher salary level will be contingent upon passing the requisite exam and successful completion of the job duties for that current level.
- Outstanding Fast-Track Career Advancement Opportunities
- Progression to the next operator level requires the passing the program’s comprehensive exams, satisfactory performance evaluations, and passing the required level of the ADEM examination.
- Advance from an Apprentice to a Water Reclamation Facility Operator IV in just 24 months.
- Training & Development
- Up to 24-month program with online, mandatory classroom instruction and on-the-job training (OJT) to include but not limited to math sessions, self-study, lab sampling and analysis, maintenance, water reclamation processes, and safety.
- Jefferson County preparatory comprehensive exams and ADEM examination.
- Under the guidance and mentorship of existing certified personnel.
- Wonderful Benefits
- Take advantage of medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurance, disability benefit, and life insurance options.
- Work-Life Balance
- Enjoy paid vacation and paid holidays.
We invite you to explore this exciting apprenticeship program! To stay abreast of this opportunity, contact the Human Resources Department’s Water Reclamation Careers phone line at 205-325-1404 or email us at email@example.com.